News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords moves landing page quality goalposts
Certain types of websites are unlikely to be able to achieve high scores for the quality of their landing pages after Google recently announced some AdWords changes.
The nature of a website, and the content therein, will now dictate how that site is ranked in terms of the quality of its landing page. Those sites that are most likely to be penalized by the changes are:
- Data collection sites that offer free gifts, subscription services etc., in order to collect private information.
- Arbitrage sites that are designed for the sole purpose of showing ads.
- Malware sites that knowingly or unknowingly install software on a visitor’s computer.
Other websites that will attract low landing page quality scores include “get rich quick” schemes, comparison shopping, travel aggregators and ebook websites with ad overload. A new FAQ has been posted by the AdWords team.
"If we receive user complaints about ads for the types of websites listed above, the advertisers of those websites may not be allowed to continue running AdWords ads," read the AdWords blog entry, posted by a member of the “Inside AdWords Crew”.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...