News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords moves landing page quality goalposts
Certain types of websites are unlikely to be able to achieve high scores for the quality of their landing pages after Google recently announced some AdWords changes.
The nature of a website, and the content therein, will now dictate how that site is ranked in terms of the quality of its landing page. Those sites that are most likely to be penalized by the changes are:
- Data collection sites that offer free gifts, subscription services etc., in order to collect private information.
- Arbitrage sites that are designed for the sole purpose of showing ads.
- Malware sites that knowingly or unknowingly install software on a visitor’s computer.
Other websites that will attract low landing page quality scores include “get rich quick” schemes, comparison shopping, travel aggregators and ebook websites with ad overload. A new FAQ has been posted by the AdWords team.
"If we receive user complaints about ads for the types of websites listed above, the advertisers of those websites may not be allowed to continue running AdWords ads," read the AdWords blog entry, posted by a member of the “Inside AdWords Crew”.
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...