News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords moves landing page quality goalposts
Certain types of websites are unlikely to be able to achieve high scores for the quality of their landing pages after Google recently announced some AdWords changes.
The nature of a website, and the content therein, will now dictate how that site is ranked in terms of the quality of its landing page. Those sites that are most likely to be penalized by the changes are:
- Data collection sites that offer free gifts, subscription services etc., in order to collect private information.
- Arbitrage sites that are designed for the sole purpose of showing ads.
- Malware sites that knowingly or unknowingly install software on a visitor’s computer.
Other websites that will attract low landing page quality scores include “get rich quick” schemes, comparison shopping, travel aggregators and ebook websites with ad overload. A new FAQ has been posted by the AdWords team.
"If we receive user complaints about ads for the types of websites listed above, the advertisers of those websites may not be allowed to continue running AdWords ads," read the AdWords blog entry, posted by a member of the “Inside AdWords Crew”.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...