News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords moves landing page quality goalposts
Certain types of websites are unlikely to be able to achieve high scores for the quality of their landing pages after Google recently announced some AdWords changes.
The nature of a website, and the content therein, will now dictate how that site is ranked in terms of the quality of its landing page. Those sites that are most likely to be penalized by the changes are:
- Data collection sites that offer free gifts, subscription services etc., in order to collect private information.
- Arbitrage sites that are designed for the sole purpose of showing ads.
- Malware sites that knowingly or unknowingly install software on a visitor’s computer.
Other websites that will attract low landing page quality scores include “get rich quick” schemes, comparison shopping, travel aggregators and ebook websites with ad overload. A new FAQ has been posted by the AdWords team.
"If we receive user complaints about ads for the types of websites listed above, the advertisers of those websites may not be allowed to continue running AdWords ads," read the AdWords blog entry, posted by a member of the “Inside AdWords Crew”.
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...