News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEO being under-utilized by large online retailers
Even now, some of the largest online retailers are failing to recognize the importance of SEO in driving traffic and increasing sales, according to a new study.
Oneupweb recently reported on its analysis of the SEO efforts of Internet Retailer magazine’s top 100 retailers. The study, “Once Again… There’s Still Money on the Table: Internet Retailer Study 2007”, reveals that many online retailers are still not taking full advantage of SEO opportunities.
Oneupweb’s report found that, of the top 100 Internet retailers:
- 20 percent were well-optimized
- 20 percent were moderately optimized
- 34 percent were nominally optimized
- 26 percent were not optimized at all
“This study should encourage online retailers who are not in the top 100. There are a variety of strategic opportunities that can and should be implemented in order to compete successfully and consistently,” said Oneupweb CEO Lisa Wehr. "Conversely, large, successful retailers can take heart as well; they can further solidify their positions and secure even greater market share by attending to their websites more carefully. Either way, there’s more work to be done for all online marketers.”
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
- Online Reviews: Consumers seeing stars, not content
- Amazon proposes 'drone zones'
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...