News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEO being under-utilized by large online retailers
Even now, some of the largest online retailers are failing to recognize the importance of SEO in driving traffic and increasing sales, according to a new study.
Oneupweb recently reported on its analysis of the SEO efforts of Internet Retailer magazine’s top 100 retailers. The study, “Once Again… There’s Still Money on the Table: Internet Retailer Study 2007”, reveals that many online retailers are still not taking full advantage of SEO opportunities.
Oneupweb’s report found that, of the top 100 Internet retailers:
- 20 percent were well-optimized
- 20 percent were moderately optimized
- 34 percent were nominally optimized
- 26 percent were not optimized at all
“This study should encourage online retailers who are not in the top 100. There are a variety of strategic opportunities that can and should be implemented in order to compete successfully and consistently,” said Oneupweb CEO Lisa Wehr. "Conversely, large, successful retailers can take heart as well; they can further solidify their positions and secure even greater market share by attending to their websites more carefully. Either way, there’s more work to be done for all online marketers.”
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
- 'Adblockalypse' now?
- Mobile drives fastest UK digital ad growth rate in 7 years
- Product page conversion rates average 8%
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...