News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEO being under-utilized by large online retailers
Even now, some of the largest online retailers are failing to recognize the importance of SEO in driving traffic and increasing sales, according to a new study.
Oneupweb recently reported on its analysis of the SEO efforts of Internet Retailer magazine’s top 100 retailers. The study, “Once Again… There’s Still Money on the Table: Internet Retailer Study 2007”, reveals that many online retailers are still not taking full advantage of SEO opportunities.
Oneupweb’s report found that, of the top 100 Internet retailers:
- 20 percent were well-optimized
- 20 percent were moderately optimized
- 34 percent were nominally optimized
- 26 percent were not optimized at all
“This study should encourage online retailers who are not in the top 100. There are a variety of strategic opportunities that can and should be implemented in order to compete successfully and consistently,” said Oneupweb CEO Lisa Wehr. "Conversely, large, successful retailers can take heart as well; they can further solidify their positions and secure even greater market share by attending to their websites more carefully. Either way, there’s more work to be done for all online marketers.”
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
- Survey: Mobile, video to lead ad's future
- BigCommerce release uses real time to boost revenue
- Survey: SMBs optimistic about 2015
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...