News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEO being under-utilized by large online retailers
Even now, some of the largest online retailers are failing to recognize the importance of SEO in driving traffic and increasing sales, according to a new study.
Oneupweb recently reported on its analysis of the SEO efforts of Internet Retailer magazine’s top 100 retailers. The study, “Once Again… There’s Still Money on the Table: Internet Retailer Study 2007”, reveals that many online retailers are still not taking full advantage of SEO opportunities.
Oneupweb’s report found that, of the top 100 Internet retailers:
- 20 percent were well-optimized
- 20 percent were moderately optimized
- 34 percent were nominally optimized
- 26 percent were not optimized at all
“This study should encourage online retailers who are not in the top 100. There are a variety of strategic opportunities that can and should be implemented in order to compete successfully and consistently,” said Oneupweb CEO Lisa Wehr. "Conversely, large, successful retailers can take heart as well; they can further solidify their positions and secure even greater market share by attending to their websites more carefully. Either way, there’s more work to be done for all online marketers.”
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...