News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adults watch more TV and movies than teens
New research from IMMI sheds light on video and other media that is surprising. According to the results of a recent survey, adults are actually consuming more media than are their younger counterparts.
Women are set to consume the most media, with women 45-54 will watch more than 1100 hours of television, DVD's and movies this year (about 47 days of watching) while men will use about 40 days watching different forms of media. In the 35-44 age group women are expected to watch about 38 days of media and men are predicted to watch about 33 days.
Comparatively, kids will watch much less. Teens 13-17 will spend about 33 days watching television, movies and DVDs in 2007.
Breaking down the different forms of media individually, men are expected to watch the most DVDs (more than 72 hours worth) while women will watch the most television (33 days worth). Men will also spend the most time in theaters watching movies and will spend the least time with television.
For marketers this is an indication that while online advertising is growing, this is not the time to cut out other forms of advertising. Blending online and offline advertising opportunities - pushing television or movie viewers to a website or using a website to promote a movie or television show - is a good way to integrate all advertising efforts.
The key is to brand everything into one overall look or theme. Online and offline ads should match so that consumers always know and can always relate to the ads marketers are putting out.
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...