News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Three-quarters of U.S. households have broadband
New research released by the Consumer Electronics Association has revealed that the majority of online U.S. households have broadband Internet access.
Nearly 58 million, or 75 percent, of U.S. households now subscribe to broadband according to the CEA’s recently released research entitled “Broadband in America: Access, Use and Outlook”. That’s an increase of 21 percent in the last 12 months. Of those that don’t subscribe to broadband, 15 percent quote cost as being the major barrier.
“With 20 percent of non-broadband subscribers expecting to adopt this service in the next two years, future growth looks strong,” said Gary Shapiro, the CEA’s President and CEO. “Yet, competition among broadband service providers must stay robust for this expected growth to prevail. Consumers must have access to media-rich entertainment content they can use anytime, anywhere at a reasonable price.”
Americans aren’t limited to broadband access purely in their own homes. Around 72 percent of U.S. adults have access to a broadband connection outside of their home such as their place of work, library, public wireless hotspot, college or internet café.
“Most importantly,” added Shapiro, “increased broadband access brings with it the hope of widely disseminating knowledge and improving healthcare and distance learning services. Broadband access spurs innovation and technology for all Americans.”
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...