News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Three-quarters of U.S. households have broadband
New research released by the Consumer Electronics Association has revealed that the majority of online U.S. households have broadband Internet access.
Nearly 58 million, or 75 percent, of U.S. households now subscribe to broadband according to the CEA’s recently released research entitled “Broadband in America: Access, Use and Outlook”. That’s an increase of 21 percent in the last 12 months. Of those that don’t subscribe to broadband, 15 percent quote cost as being the major barrier.
“With 20 percent of non-broadband subscribers expecting to adopt this service in the next two years, future growth looks strong,” said Gary Shapiro, the CEA’s President and CEO. “Yet, competition among broadband service providers must stay robust for this expected growth to prevail. Consumers must have access to media-rich entertainment content they can use anytime, anywhere at a reasonable price.”
Americans aren’t limited to broadband access purely in their own homes. Around 72 percent of U.S. adults have access to a broadband connection outside of their home such as their place of work, library, public wireless hotspot, college or internet café.
“Most importantly,” added Shapiro, “increased broadband access brings with it the hope of widely disseminating knowledge and improving healthcare and distance learning services. Broadband access spurs innovation and technology for all Americans.”
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Top 12 Marketing Tips for the Holidays
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? Though the holidays might seem far away, leading retailers will start preparing for the...
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...