News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Three-quarters of U.S. households have broadband
New research released by the Consumer Electronics Association has revealed that the majority of online U.S. households have broadband Internet access.
Nearly 58 million, or 75 percent, of U.S. households now subscribe to broadband according to the CEA’s recently released research entitled “Broadband in America: Access, Use and Outlook”. That’s an increase of 21 percent in the last 12 months. Of those that don’t subscribe to broadband, 15 percent quote cost as being the major barrier.
“With 20 percent of non-broadband subscribers expecting to adopt this service in the next two years, future growth looks strong,” said Gary Shapiro, the CEA’s President and CEO. “Yet, competition among broadband service providers must stay robust for this expected growth to prevail. Consumers must have access to media-rich entertainment content they can use anytime, anywhere at a reasonable price.”
Americans aren’t limited to broadband access purely in their own homes. Around 72 percent of U.S. adults have access to a broadband connection outside of their home such as their place of work, library, public wireless hotspot, college or internet café.
“Most importantly,” added Shapiro, “increased broadband access brings with it the hope of widely disseminating knowledge and improving healthcare and distance learning services. Broadband access spurs innovation and technology for all Americans.”
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....