News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Sequential advertising for online video
Advertisers who want to make a big impact within online videos might want to consider a dominating creative ad strategy soon to be offered by Heavy.com.
New ways in which marketers can make the most of online video advertising, while improving the user experience, are coming in thick and fast these days. The most recent is sequential advertising. This advertising format enables advertisers to run a narrative thread of ad spots throughout a video or content block, sometimes employing a creative storyline.
The treatment is not dissimilar to that used by newspapers that run a series of one advertiser’s print ads over several pages, or surround sessions on websites.
Sequential advertising offers a way of engaging viewers instead of repeatedly exposing them to the same creative or a series of disjointed ads. “We’ve seen a real problem with some advertisers,” said Heavy.com’s co-CEO, Simon Assaad, via MediaWeek. “They want a deep relationship with users, but you can get really worn out watching the same piece of creative again and again. With the sequential ads, its still a relatively interesting experience for users.”
Heavy.com is currently testing sequential advertising with a lemonade brand and, as yet, no product placement has been incorporated.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...