News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Sequential advertising for online video
Advertisers who want to make a big impact within online videos might want to consider a dominating creative ad strategy soon to be offered by Heavy.com.
New ways in which marketers can make the most of online video advertising, while improving the user experience, are coming in thick and fast these days. The most recent is sequential advertising. This advertising format enables advertisers to run a narrative thread of ad spots throughout a video or content block, sometimes employing a creative storyline.
The treatment is not dissimilar to that used by newspapers that run a series of one advertiser’s print ads over several pages, or surround sessions on websites.
Sequential advertising offers a way of engaging viewers instead of repeatedly exposing them to the same creative or a series of disjointed ads. “We’ve seen a real problem with some advertisers,” said Heavy.com’s co-CEO, Simon Assaad, via MediaWeek. “They want a deep relationship with users, but you can get really worn out watching the same piece of creative again and again. With the sequential ads, its still a relatively interesting experience for users.”
Heavy.com is currently testing sequential advertising with a lemonade brand and, as yet, no product placement has been incorporated.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...