News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New metric integrates newspaper readership with the online audience
Newspaper publishers may get a bump in their online rankings thanks to a new metrics service. Audience-FAX is said to reflect the actual reach and readership of newspapers.
Readership has fallen in the past few years as more readers turned to the Internet for their news and information. Because of the drop, advertisers have begun putting more of their ad dollars online, too. The new measuring service could turn that trend around.
The database will pull top-line data from Publisher’s Statements including average circulation, average print and online readership, combined audience, and total unique Web site users. It will also include expanded demographic information for print readership.
Audience-FAX gathers data from publisher's statements and will compile circulation of both print and online readers, will compare the online and offline audience and offer total unique online users. The information will be culled into an online database which advertisers can then use. Marketers can view and create reports from print papers and their online counterparts around the U.S. They can then compare and contrast the readership, demographics and other information of papers in different cities, states and regions to better decide where and when to advertise.
"Audience-FAX brings a 360-degree view of a newspaper’s readers—both print and online,” said Bob Cohen, president & CEO, Scarborough Research. “As the newspaper industry’s primary service for audience ratings, Scarborough data provides insights that advertisers need in an increasingly multimedia and multiplatform environment.”
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...