News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Magazines turn to the Internet for readers, revenue
More magazines are looking to the Internet to keep readers interested in their offerings. According to a recent report from the Magazine Publishers of America (MPA), magazines increased their digital initiatives by more than 135% this year.
With 62 digital initiatives in the offering this is the highest number of online offerings ever according to the MPA.
The online offerings aren't just simple content, magazines are offering additional content, podcasts and vodcasts (video podcasts) as well as blogs and other social networking features that are sponsored by advertisers. Magazines are also offering retail partnerships, some mobile content, widgets and wikis.
These online offerings may be working to intrigue consumers, both young and old, to subscribe or continue picking up their favorite magazines at the newsstand.
Research earlier this year from McPheters & Company indicated that the younger demographics from 19 through 34 continue to read their favorite magazines more often than do the demographics of the 35 and older age group. Not only are younger adults reading magazines but they are actually reading a wider variety of magazines than their older counterparts.
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...