News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Magazines turn to the Internet for readers, revenue
More magazines are looking to the Internet to keep readers interested in their offerings. According to a recent report from the Magazine Publishers of America (MPA), magazines increased their digital initiatives by more than 135% this year.
With 62 digital initiatives in the offering this is the highest number of online offerings ever according to the MPA.
The online offerings aren't just simple content, magazines are offering additional content, podcasts and vodcasts (video podcasts) as well as blogs and other social networking features that are sponsored by advertisers. Magazines are also offering retail partnerships, some mobile content, widgets and wikis.
These online offerings may be working to intrigue consumers, both young and old, to subscribe or continue picking up their favorite magazines at the newsstand.
Research earlier this year from McPheters & Company indicated that the younger demographics from 19 through 34 continue to read their favorite magazines more often than do the demographics of the 35 and older age group. Not only are younger adults reading magazines but they are actually reading a wider variety of magazines than their older counterparts.
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....