News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Magazines turn to the Internet for readers, revenue
More magazines are looking to the Internet to keep readers interested in their offerings. According to a recent report from the Magazine Publishers of America (MPA), magazines increased their digital initiatives by more than 135% this year.
With 62 digital initiatives in the offering this is the highest number of online offerings ever according to the MPA.
The online offerings aren't just simple content, magazines are offering additional content, podcasts and vodcasts (video podcasts) as well as blogs and other social networking features that are sponsored by advertisers. Magazines are also offering retail partnerships, some mobile content, widgets and wikis.
These online offerings may be working to intrigue consumers, both young and old, to subscribe or continue picking up their favorite magazines at the newsstand.
Research earlier this year from McPheters & Company indicated that the younger demographics from 19 through 34 continue to read their favorite magazines more often than do the demographics of the 35 and older age group. Not only are younger adults reading magazines but they are actually reading a wider variety of magazines than their older counterparts.
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...