News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Magazines turn to the Internet for readers, revenue
More magazines are looking to the Internet to keep readers interested in their offerings. According to a recent report from the Magazine Publishers of America (MPA), magazines increased their digital initiatives by more than 135% this year.
With 62 digital initiatives in the offering this is the highest number of online offerings ever according to the MPA.
The online offerings aren't just simple content, magazines are offering additional content, podcasts and vodcasts (video podcasts) as well as blogs and other social networking features that are sponsored by advertisers. Magazines are also offering retail partnerships, some mobile content, widgets and wikis.
These online offerings may be working to intrigue consumers, both young and old, to subscribe or continue picking up their favorite magazines at the newsstand.
Research earlier this year from McPheters & Company indicated that the younger demographics from 19 through 34 continue to read their favorite magazines more often than do the demographics of the 35 and older age group. Not only are younger adults reading magazines but they are actually reading a wider variety of magazines than their older counterparts.
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company.
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....