News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gamers will view ads for games
Macrovision’s annual global casual gaming survey has revealed that many gamers are receptive to viewing ads in return for free games.
Macrovision surveyed 400 gamers earlier this year and discovered that 83 percent would gladly watch a 30-second ad in exchange for playing a game for free.
Trial versions of games encouraged 53 percent of respondents to go on to purchase the game and 34 percent relied on promotional emails to stay informed of new titles.
Gamers also relied heavily on online reviews to find new games, said the report, with 81 percent influenced to try a new game after reading a review and 65 percent influenced to purchase a game.
"This year's survey highlights that advertising is now an increasing revenue option and trials are a must in marketing to casual gamers," said Micheal Buccheim, Macrovision’s Executive Vice-President. "Gamers are now turning to advertising and promotional materials to help them make their decisions on which games to play and purchase. The fact revealed in this year's survey will help the industry to better understand and influence casual gaming purchasing habits."
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...