News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gamers will view ads for games
Macrovision’s annual global casual gaming survey has revealed that many gamers are receptive to viewing ads in return for free games.
Macrovision surveyed 400 gamers earlier this year and discovered that 83 percent would gladly watch a 30-second ad in exchange for playing a game for free.
Trial versions of games encouraged 53 percent of respondents to go on to purchase the game and 34 percent relied on promotional emails to stay informed of new titles.
Gamers also relied heavily on online reviews to find new games, said the report, with 81 percent influenced to try a new game after reading a review and 65 percent influenced to purchase a game.
"This year's survey highlights that advertising is now an increasing revenue option and trials are a must in marketing to casual gamers," said Micheal Buccheim, Macrovision’s Executive Vice-President. "Gamers are now turning to advertising and promotional materials to help them make their decisions on which games to play and purchase. The fact revealed in this year's survey will help the industry to better understand and influence casual gaming purchasing habits."
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...