News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gamers will view ads for games
Macrovision’s annual global casual gaming survey has revealed that many gamers are receptive to viewing ads in return for free games.
Macrovision surveyed 400 gamers earlier this year and discovered that 83 percent would gladly watch a 30-second ad in exchange for playing a game for free.
Trial versions of games encouraged 53 percent of respondents to go on to purchase the game and 34 percent relied on promotional emails to stay informed of new titles.
Gamers also relied heavily on online reviews to find new games, said the report, with 81 percent influenced to try a new game after reading a review and 65 percent influenced to purchase a game.
"This year's survey highlights that advertising is now an increasing revenue option and trials are a must in marketing to casual gamers," said Micheal Buccheim, Macrovision’s Executive Vice-President. "Gamers are now turning to advertising and promotional materials to help them make their decisions on which games to play and purchase. The fact revealed in this year's survey will help the industry to better understand and influence casual gaming purchasing habits."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...