News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gamers will view ads for games
Macrovision’s annual global casual gaming survey has revealed that many gamers are receptive to viewing ads in return for free games.
Macrovision surveyed 400 gamers earlier this year and discovered that 83 percent would gladly watch a 30-second ad in exchange for playing a game for free.
Trial versions of games encouraged 53 percent of respondents to go on to purchase the game and 34 percent relied on promotional emails to stay informed of new titles.
Gamers also relied heavily on online reviews to find new games, said the report, with 81 percent influenced to try a new game after reading a review and 65 percent influenced to purchase a game.
"This year's survey highlights that advertising is now an increasing revenue option and trials are a must in marketing to casual gamers," said Micheal Buccheim, Macrovision’s Executive Vice-President. "Gamers are now turning to advertising and promotional materials to help them make their decisions on which games to play and purchase. The fact revealed in this year's survey will help the industry to better understand and influence casual gaming purchasing habits."
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...