News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gamers will view ads for games
Macrovision’s annual global casual gaming survey has revealed that many gamers are receptive to viewing ads in return for free games.
Macrovision surveyed 400 gamers earlier this year and discovered that 83 percent would gladly watch a 30-second ad in exchange for playing a game for free.
Trial versions of games encouraged 53 percent of respondents to go on to purchase the game and 34 percent relied on promotional emails to stay informed of new titles.
Gamers also relied heavily on online reviews to find new games, said the report, with 81 percent influenced to try a new game after reading a review and 65 percent influenced to purchase a game.
"This year's survey highlights that advertising is now an increasing revenue option and trials are a must in marketing to casual gamers," said Micheal Buccheim, Macrovision’s Executive Vice-President. "Gamers are now turning to advertising and promotional materials to help them make their decisions on which games to play and purchase. The fact revealed in this year's survey will help the industry to better understand and influence casual gaming purchasing habits."
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....