News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: MSN searches increase 36%
Google may still be the dominant player in search, but a surprising showing from MSN is causing quite a stir this month. According to the most recent reports from comScore, MSN grew their search queries more than 36% between May and June.
comScore's qSearch analysis points out that more than 8 billion searches were performed in June and roughly 50% were made using Google, the number of MSN's searches took a chunk out of Google - and other search engines - market share.
This is most likely due to the release of MSN's Live Search Club. The club gives users rewards for using the engine throughout their time online.
MSN's queries reached 1.1 billion, about one-quarter of the searches performed by Google users. Meanwhile, Yahoo captured 25% of searches and Microsoft's search volume accounted for roughly 13% of the total search volume during the month. Ask.com accounted for about 5% of online searches and Time Warner Network accounted for just over 4%.
Google is by no means on the verge of losing their search engine ranking. However with the release of Yahoo's Panama platform, MSN's Live Search Club and Ask.com's upgrade of their search engine, other companies are beginning to work harder to capture more of the search market.
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...