News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: MSN searches increase 36%
Google may still be the dominant player in search, but a surprising showing from MSN is causing quite a stir this month. According to the most recent reports from comScore, MSN grew their search queries more than 36% between May and June.
comScore's qSearch analysis points out that more than 8 billion searches were performed in June and roughly 50% were made using Google, the number of MSN's searches took a chunk out of Google - and other search engines - market share.
This is most likely due to the release of MSN's Live Search Club. The club gives users rewards for using the engine throughout their time online.
MSN's queries reached 1.1 billion, about one-quarter of the searches performed by Google users. Meanwhile, Yahoo captured 25% of searches and Microsoft's search volume accounted for roughly 13% of the total search volume during the month. Ask.com accounted for about 5% of online searches and Time Warner Network accounted for just over 4%.
Google is by no means on the verge of losing their search engine ranking. However with the release of Yahoo's Panama platform, MSN's Live Search Club and Ask.com's upgrade of their search engine, other companies are beginning to work harder to capture more of the search market.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...