News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: MSN searches increase 36%
Google may still be the dominant player in search, but a surprising showing from MSN is causing quite a stir this month. According to the most recent reports from comScore, MSN grew their search queries more than 36% between May and June.
comScore's qSearch analysis points out that more than 8 billion searches were performed in June and roughly 50% were made using Google, the number of MSN's searches took a chunk out of Google - and other search engines - market share.
This is most likely due to the release of MSN's Live Search Club. The club gives users rewards for using the engine throughout their time online.
MSN's queries reached 1.1 billion, about one-quarter of the searches performed by Google users. Meanwhile, Yahoo captured 25% of searches and Microsoft's search volume accounted for roughly 13% of the total search volume during the month. Ask.com accounted for about 5% of online searches and Time Warner Network accounted for just over 4%.
Google is by no means on the verge of losing their search engine ranking. However with the release of Yahoo's Panama platform, MSN's Live Search Club and Ask.com's upgrade of their search engine, other companies are beginning to work harder to capture more of the search market.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...