News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: MSN searches increase 36%
Google may still be the dominant player in search, but a surprising showing from MSN is causing quite a stir this month. According to the most recent reports from comScore, MSN grew their search queries more than 36% between May and June.
comScore's qSearch analysis points out that more than 8 billion searches were performed in June and roughly 50% were made using Google, the number of MSN's searches took a chunk out of Google - and other search engines - market share.
This is most likely due to the release of MSN's Live Search Club. The club gives users rewards for using the engine throughout their time online.
MSN's queries reached 1.1 billion, about one-quarter of the searches performed by Google users. Meanwhile, Yahoo captured 25% of searches and Microsoft's search volume accounted for roughly 13% of the total search volume during the month. Ask.com accounted for about 5% of online searches and Time Warner Network accounted for just over 4%.
Google is by no means on the verge of losing their search engine ranking. However with the release of Yahoo's Panama platform, MSN's Live Search Club and Ask.com's upgrade of their search engine, other companies are beginning to work harder to capture more of the search market.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...