News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Businesses abandon Second Life presence
Businesses that were once early adopters of marketing in Second Life are now among the first to leave, according to a recent article in The LA Times.
Second Life residents who were against the invasion of commerce into their virtual world must be dancing in their virtual streets. The LA Times has an interesting article which claims some marketers are preparing to abandon their in-world presence.
The once-hyped online virtual world hasn’t yet proved a successful stomping ground for marketers. Or perhaps marketers haven’t yet found what motivates virtual residents. Either way, virtual stores stand empty, corporate events and promotions have fizzled out and virtual attacks are an increasing possibility.
American Apparel and Starwood Hotels, some of the first businesses to explore Second Life, are moving out. "There's not a compelling reason to stay," said Brian McGuinness, vice president of Aloft, a brand of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc., via The LA Times.
Meanwhile, Crowne Plaza has been upgrading its already extensive Second Life conference and meeting facilities.
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...