News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Searches are up for Internet Yellow Pages
Online marketers may want to invest a bit more in Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) listings and advertisements. According to a recent comScore study, 800 million searches were performed through IYP in the first quarter of 2007.
Though this number is much smaller than the searches performed through Google or Yahoo sites, this is an indication that users wanting very specific information - like store location or other information - prefer to get specific search results.
According to the study, Yellowbook showed an 85% increase in searches in Q1, the largest percentage growth. However, Yahoo! sites accounted for the most searches with just over 180 million. Idearc Media ranked second with 158.2 million searches and Yellowbook ranked third with 143.8 million searches. Both Yahoo and Idearc showed a year-over-year decline even though they accounted for the most IYP searches.
"There is no true leader in local search," said Stuart McKelvey, CEO of TMP Directional Marketing (via MediaPost). "Consumers are making the transition from print to Internet, and the big media properties haven't figured out how to really deliver it yet."
Investing in local search through IYP resources seems a good place to begin for online marketers. Those marketers with a mobile as well as traditional web presence would benefit the most from IYP ads because local and mobile searches who use online yellow pages are searching for very specific information: they want the nearest Starbuck's or AMC Theatre rather than searching in general for entertainment or dining information.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...