News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
In-Game ads to be measured by Nielsen, IGA
Online marketers wanting to know just how ads in online games are seen by users will want to pay attention to a study from IGA and Nielsen. The companies will work together to measure the effectiveness of in game advertising.
IGA serves up ads for online games and says quantifiable numbers are needed so that advertisers know exactly what they are buying and how it will be seen. Correct metrics will likely encourage more advertisers to join in-game advertising networks. For its part, Nielsen will utilize BASES research panels which will measure how brand awareness, purchase intent and sales conversions are affected by in-game ads.
Many advertisers have been reluctant to jump on the gaming bandwagon because of the lack of research into how ads are actually seen. This study, along with a resent study from Screen Digest could change that. According to the Screen Digest study adults are a fast-growing base for online games. Researchers have also found that users actually want in-game advertising in the form on billboards and other options because the ads add to the realism of the online games.
eMarketer senior analyst Paul Verna said, "In general, MMOGs do not lend themselves as readily to in-game display advertising or product placements as many console games do. On the other hand, the fact that MMOG players are, by definition, online makes them attractive to marketers looking to expose their brands to a connected audience."
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...