News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecasters predict a strong holiday season in 2007
Online marketers and e-tailers should begin preparing now for the holiday buying season. According to a recent Advertising.com forecast, the 2007 holiday buying season will be strong.
“The holiday season no longer starts in Q4, with consumers beginning their shopping earlier and earlier,” said Lynda Clarizio, president of Advertising.com (via MarketingCharts). “To fully capitalize on this lengthy shopping season, advertisers should look to leverage marketing tactics for each stage of the consumer purchase cycle - such as online video to build awareness, search marketing to drive traffic, and behavioral retargeting and late-season incentives to close conversions.”
According to the report, 84% of consumers will use the Internet to make purchases this holiday season, and most will begin shopping in October. The October shopping will be browsing, for the most part, as users try to find the best online deals. Most purchases will begin in November. During the pre-shopping time of October, users will visit between two and five websites to comparison shop. Most of those looking for deals will utilize search engines, making paid search campaigns a good investment for the holiday season.
Whether pre-shopping or actually purchasing, online shopping hubs need to be prepared sooner than ever. Shopping deals such as free shipping, coupons and discounts should be advertised clearly on the website and shopping cart software should be tested for ease of use.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....