News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecasters predict a strong holiday season in 2007
Online marketers and e-tailers should begin preparing now for the holiday buying season. According to a recent Advertising.com forecast, the 2007 holiday buying season will be strong.
“The holiday season no longer starts in Q4, with consumers beginning their shopping earlier and earlier,” said Lynda Clarizio, president of Advertising.com (via MarketingCharts). “To fully capitalize on this lengthy shopping season, advertisers should look to leverage marketing tactics for each stage of the consumer purchase cycle - such as online video to build awareness, search marketing to drive traffic, and behavioral retargeting and late-season incentives to close conversions.”
According to the report, 84% of consumers will use the Internet to make purchases this holiday season, and most will begin shopping in October. The October shopping will be browsing, for the most part, as users try to find the best online deals. Most purchases will begin in November. During the pre-shopping time of October, users will visit between two and five websites to comparison shop. Most of those looking for deals will utilize search engines, making paid search campaigns a good investment for the holiday season.
Whether pre-shopping or actually purchasing, online shopping hubs need to be prepared sooner than ever. Shopping deals such as free shipping, coupons and discounts should be advertised clearly on the website and shopping cart software should be tested for ease of use.
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...