News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AOL Shortcuts makes coupons cool
Consumers will soon be able to efficiently and effortlessly take advantage of online coupons and spend them on- or offline with no clipping or printing.
AOL’s soon-to-be launched online coupons programme, called “AOL Shortcuts”, will negate the need for consumers to print out or otherwise clip or collect paper coupons. Registered users will be able to enter in their existing store cards and receive offers directly on to it.
For instance, a registered user can enter their grocery store card details online. From then on, any coupons or offers that the user interacts with, whether it be via a banner ad, website or email, will automatically be stored on the relevant card. The offer, whether it is two-for-one or money-off and so on, is redeemed as and when the user makes the necessary transaction with the store card, either off- or online.
Advertisers have shied away from online coupons in the past due to fraud and security concerns as well as the barriers to consumer use such as the drawn out and inconvenient process of printing out and remembering to use the coupons. But, with AOL Shortcuts fraud is less likely, advertisers have more control, there is less paper wastage, less distribution costs and it is easier and simpler for consumers to use.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...