News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords adds IP exclusion feature
Last week Google announced the launch of Placement Performance Reports. Now they have provided another tool to give advertisers even more control over where their ads will appear.
The new Google AdWords feature is called IP Exclusion. As the name suggests, it allows advertisers to exclude up to 20 specific IP addresses per campaign. As per the Placement Performance Reports launched last week, the IP Exclusion tool will give advertisers even more control over who sees their ads.
There are a few reasons why an advertiser might want to block an IP address. Blocking competitor IP addresses would result in less click fraud and blocking internal IP addresses will stop accidental clicks from employees and agencies. Bad or high risk IP addresses can also be blocked, along with MFA sites.
The Google AdWords Help Center warns that advertisers should choose IP addresses to exclude carefully. “Some large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) use a range of IP addresses for all their users. If you exclude an IP address that is a proxy for many users, you could be blocking a large amount of legitimate, and potentially profitable traffic,” advises Google.
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....