News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords adds IP exclusion feature
Last week Google announced the launch of Placement Performance Reports. Now they have provided another tool to give advertisers even more control over where their ads will appear.
The new Google AdWords feature is called IP Exclusion. As the name suggests, it allows advertisers to exclude up to 20 specific IP addresses per campaign. As per the Placement Performance Reports launched last week, the IP Exclusion tool will give advertisers even more control over who sees their ads.
There are a few reasons why an advertiser might want to block an IP address. Blocking competitor IP addresses would result in less click fraud and blocking internal IP addresses will stop accidental clicks from employees and agencies. Bad or high risk IP addresses can also be blocked, along with MFA sites.
The Google AdWords Help Center warns that advertisers should choose IP addresses to exclude carefully. “Some large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) use a range of IP addresses for all their users. If you exclude an IP address that is a proxy for many users, you could be blocking a large amount of legitimate, and potentially profitable traffic,” advises Google.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...