News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords adds IP exclusion feature
Last week Google announced the launch of Placement Performance Reports. Now they have provided another tool to give advertisers even more control over where their ads will appear.
The new Google AdWords feature is called IP Exclusion. As the name suggests, it allows advertisers to exclude up to 20 specific IP addresses per campaign. As per the Placement Performance Reports launched last week, the IP Exclusion tool will give advertisers even more control over who sees their ads.
There are a few reasons why an advertiser might want to block an IP address. Blocking competitor IP addresses would result in less click fraud and blocking internal IP addresses will stop accidental clicks from employees and agencies. Bad or high risk IP addresses can also be blocked, along with MFA sites.
The Google AdWords Help Center warns that advertisers should choose IP addresses to exclude carefully. “Some large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) use a range of IP addresses for all their users. If you exclude an IP address that is a proxy for many users, you could be blocking a large amount of legitimate, and potentially profitable traffic,” advises Google.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...