News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AdWords adds IP exclusion feature
Last week Google announced the launch of Placement Performance Reports. Now they have provided another tool to give advertisers even more control over where their ads will appear.
The new Google AdWords feature is called IP Exclusion. As the name suggests, it allows advertisers to exclude up to 20 specific IP addresses per campaign. As per the Placement Performance Reports launched last week, the IP Exclusion tool will give advertisers even more control over who sees their ads.
There are a few reasons why an advertiser might want to block an IP address. Blocking competitor IP addresses would result in less click fraud and blocking internal IP addresses will stop accidental clicks from employees and agencies. Bad or high risk IP addresses can also be blocked, along with MFA sites.
The Google AdWords Help Center warns that advertisers should choose IP addresses to exclude carefully. “Some large Internet Service Providers (ISPs) use a range of IP addresses for all their users. If you exclude an IP address that is a proxy for many users, you could be blocking a large amount of legitimate, and potentially profitable traffic,” advises Google.
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...