News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Skoda's Fabia finds fame online
Skoda’s latest TV advertising campaign is proving a hit online with over quarter of a million views in less than two weeks.
The car manufacturer’s integrated campaign was kicked off with television ads showing the “baking of” the Fabia which was created by confectioners and bakers and made entirely of cakes, biscuits and sweets.
Integrating the offline campaign with online is a series of baking-themed banner ads which link through to a dedicated microsite. The banner ads appear on sites such as Top Gear, Times Online and AOL.
After just under two weeks over 37,000 people have visited the Skoda Fabia's microsite via which test drives can be booked, the making of the ad can be viewed and Fabia brochures downloaded. The popular ad, which has even been featured on the front page of a Czech tabloid, has spread virally across the internet and has already attracted over 260,000 views on YouTube.
A website address is noticeably absent from the television ads, but why?
"We didn't put the URL on the TV ad as we felt it lost the feeling of the ad,” said Skoda account director Damien Boss. “So we were extra creative in our executions and made it easy for users of our main portal to link through to the campaign site."
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...