News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Skoda's Fabia finds fame online
Skoda’s latest TV advertising campaign is proving a hit online with over quarter of a million views in less than two weeks.
The car manufacturer’s integrated campaign was kicked off with television ads showing the “baking of” the Fabia which was created by confectioners and bakers and made entirely of cakes, biscuits and sweets.
Integrating the offline campaign with online is a series of baking-themed banner ads which link through to a dedicated microsite. The banner ads appear on sites such as Top Gear, Times Online and AOL.
After just under two weeks over 37,000 people have visited the Skoda Fabia's microsite via which test drives can be booked, the making of the ad can be viewed and Fabia brochures downloaded. The popular ad, which has even been featured on the front page of a Czech tabloid, has spread virally across the internet and has already attracted over 260,000 views on YouTube.
A website address is noticeably absent from the television ads, but why?
"We didn't put the URL on the TV ad as we felt it lost the feeling of the ad,” said Skoda account director Damien Boss. “So we were extra creative in our executions and made it easy for users of our main portal to link through to the campaign site."
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
- Report: Video key to pushing offline sales
- Study: Digital matters in stores
- Expert: How to use video to engage in social
- Report: Most SMBs still not EMV ready
- Koupon partnerships widen reach of loyalty programs
- Retailers: What you need to know about EMV 1 year in
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....