News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Skoda's Fabia finds fame online
Skoda’s latest TV advertising campaign is proving a hit online with over quarter of a million views in less than two weeks.
The car manufacturer’s integrated campaign was kicked off with television ads showing the “baking of” the Fabia which was created by confectioners and bakers and made entirely of cakes, biscuits and sweets.
Integrating the offline campaign with online is a series of baking-themed banner ads which link through to a dedicated microsite. The banner ads appear on sites such as Top Gear, Times Online and AOL.
After just under two weeks over 37,000 people have visited the Skoda Fabia's microsite via which test drives can be booked, the making of the ad can be viewed and Fabia brochures downloaded. The popular ad, which has even been featured on the front page of a Czech tabloid, has spread virally across the internet and has already attracted over 260,000 views on YouTube.
A website address is noticeably absent from the television ads, but why?
"We didn't put the URL on the TV ad as we felt it lost the feeling of the ad,” said Skoda account director Damien Boss. “So we were extra creative in our executions and made it easy for users of our main portal to link through to the campaign site."
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...