News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print is a youth market
If you thought that the younger generation only read digital print, think again. According to new research from McPheters & Company the younger generation not only reads digitally, they also read traditional print publications.
The overall consensus of the report is that the younger generation (ages 19-34) is reading more than the older generation (ages 35+).
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company. She went on to say that according to their research, younger adults are actually reading more than the older age groups. Their reading tends to encompass more titles, magazines and newspapers than their older counterparts.
Not only are younger readers apt to pick up magazines geared toward their ages - Teen Vogue and CosmoGirl among others - they are also more likely to read bridal magazines, tech titles, sports and news magazines.
The younger age group is also as likely to pick up a newspaper as the older generation.
This report may seem to go against current thinking that print publications are facing a shortened lifespan, but the research from McPheters & Company actually agrees with a 2006 study from Readership.com. How this coincides with figures that have circulation numbers of magazines and newspaper is not clear. It could be that readers are sharing copies of their reading materials or that they are going online to read rather than buying new issues as they come out.
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...