News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print is a youth market
If you thought that the younger generation only read digital print, think again. According to new research from McPheters & Company the younger generation not only reads digitally, they also read traditional print publications.
The overall consensus of the report is that the younger generation (ages 19-34) is reading more than the older generation (ages 35+).
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company. She went on to say that according to their research, younger adults are actually reading more than the older age groups. Their reading tends to encompass more titles, magazines and newspapers than their older counterparts.
Not only are younger readers apt to pick up magazines geared toward their ages - Teen Vogue and CosmoGirl among others - they are also more likely to read bridal magazines, tech titles, sports and news magazines.
The younger age group is also as likely to pick up a newspaper as the older generation.
This report may seem to go against current thinking that print publications are facing a shortened lifespan, but the research from McPheters & Company actually agrees with a 2006 study from Readership.com. How this coincides with figures that have circulation numbers of magazines and newspaper is not clear. It could be that readers are sharing copies of their reading materials or that they are going online to read rather than buying new issues as they come out.
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...