News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print is a youth market
If you thought that the younger generation only read digital print, think again. According to new research from McPheters & Company the younger generation not only reads digitally, they also read traditional print publications.
The overall consensus of the report is that the younger generation (ages 19-34) is reading more than the older generation (ages 35+).
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company. She went on to say that according to their research, younger adults are actually reading more than the older age groups. Their reading tends to encompass more titles, magazines and newspapers than their older counterparts.
Not only are younger readers apt to pick up magazines geared toward their ages - Teen Vogue and CosmoGirl among others - they are also more likely to read bridal magazines, tech titles, sports and news magazines.
The younger age group is also as likely to pick up a newspaper as the older generation.
This report may seem to go against current thinking that print publications are facing a shortened lifespan, but the research from McPheters & Company actually agrees with a 2006 study from Readership.com. How this coincides with figures that have circulation numbers of magazines and newspaper is not clear. It could be that readers are sharing copies of their reading materials or that they are going online to read rather than buying new issues as they come out.
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...