News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print is a youth market
If you thought that the younger generation only read digital print, think again. According to new research from McPheters & Company the younger generation not only reads digitally, they also read traditional print publications.
The overall consensus of the report is that the younger generation (ages 19-34) is reading more than the older generation (ages 35+).
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company. She went on to say that according to their research, younger adults are actually reading more than the older age groups. Their reading tends to encompass more titles, magazines and newspapers than their older counterparts.
Not only are younger readers apt to pick up magazines geared toward their ages - Teen Vogue and CosmoGirl among others - they are also more likely to read bridal magazines, tech titles, sports and news magazines.
The younger age group is also as likely to pick up a newspaper as the older generation.
This report may seem to go against current thinking that print publications are facing a shortened lifespan, but the research from McPheters & Company actually agrees with a 2006 study from Readership.com. How this coincides with figures that have circulation numbers of magazines and newspaper is not clear. It could be that readers are sharing copies of their reading materials or that they are going online to read rather than buying new issues as they come out.
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
- Expert: Non-Profits can thrive in the online space
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...