News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print is a youth market
If you thought that the younger generation only read digital print, think again. According to new research from McPheters & Company the younger generation not only reads digitally, they also read traditional print publications.
The overall consensus of the report is that the younger generation (ages 19-34) is reading more than the older generation (ages 35+).
“Because many established titles have seen the median age of their readers increase, there has been a misperception that magazine readers are getting older,” said Rebecca McPheters, President of McPheters & Company. She went on to say that according to their research, younger adults are actually reading more than the older age groups. Their reading tends to encompass more titles, magazines and newspapers than their older counterparts.
Not only are younger readers apt to pick up magazines geared toward their ages - Teen Vogue and CosmoGirl among others - they are also more likely to read bridal magazines, tech titles, sports and news magazines.
The younger age group is also as likely to pick up a newspaper as the older generation.
This report may seem to go against current thinking that print publications are facing a shortened lifespan, but the research from McPheters & Company actually agrees with a 2006 study from Readership.com. How this coincides with figures that have circulation numbers of magazines and newspaper is not clear. It could be that readers are sharing copies of their reading materials or that they are going online to read rather than buying new issues as they come out.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...