News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Out-of-home media spend is up 27%
According to a new report from PQMedia, alternative out-of-home ad campaigns - digital billboards and video ad networks - are working better than marketers had hoped. According to the report, alternative out-of-home media spending jumped to $1.69 billion in 2006 and is expected to grow even more in 2007.
The report expects 27.7% growth in 2007. The segment has seen double digit growth every year since 2001. Video advertising is expected to push the most growth in 2007; that segment showed a 26% growth in 2006.
"The trends impeding traditional media - consumer fragmentation and control, advertising accountability and the emergence of digital technology - are the very catalysts stimulating the tremendous growth in alternative out-of-home advertising," said Patrick Quinn, President and CEO of PQ Media. "Unlike its mass media peers, alternative out-of-home advertising is impervious to channel or web surfing and is immune to audience fragmentation."
Alternative out-of-home spending is so hot now because American users spend so much time away from home. Whether commuting to work, going out with friends or simply shopping for household items, more often than not advertisers will make a better connection when consumers are focused on them.
Marketers can take this information and apply it to other online marketing avenues, such as mobile marketing. Studies have shown that users logon to mobile sites as they need specific information, so taking part of the online spend and applying it to mobile campaigns or digital billboards could net a greater revenue increase.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...