News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google pilots AdSense for Video
Google has launched a pilot program with a small group of publishers to test streaming video ads in their online video content.
A quiet announcement on Google’s AdSense blog this week has outlined their plans to launch a closed pilot for “AdSense for Video”. Selected publishers, with their own video content, will be able to control the videos in which their ads appear, and where in those videos the ads are played. The pilot is similar to the beta launched by AdBrite earlier this year, which has now gone live.
Christine Lee, AdSense Product Marketing Manager, posted the announcement on the blog, saying, “Just as AdSense adds value to the text content on your website and is useful for your users, we think these in-stream ads in video will add value to publishers' video content and help to deepen engagement with users watching the videos.”
“AdSense for Video” is the latest of Google’s video initiatives and differs from recently introduced “Click to Play” video ads and AdSense’s video distribution and sponsorship programs. This new feature allows the monetization of video content, a holy grail for advertisers and publishers alike.
“This pilot represents our continued efforts to address the challenges faced by publishers who want to monetize their video content, by advertisers who want access to quality video inventory, and finally by users who want ads to enhance their video watching experience, not detract from it,” said Lee in her blog post.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...