News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google pilots AdSense for Video
Google has launched a pilot program with a small group of publishers to test streaming video ads in their online video content.
A quiet announcement on Google’s AdSense blog this week has outlined their plans to launch a closed pilot for “AdSense for Video”. Selected publishers, with their own video content, will be able to control the videos in which their ads appear, and where in those videos the ads are played. The pilot is similar to the beta launched by AdBrite earlier this year, which has now gone live.
Christine Lee, AdSense Product Marketing Manager, posted the announcement on the blog, saying, “Just as AdSense adds value to the text content on your website and is useful for your users, we think these in-stream ads in video will add value to publishers' video content and help to deepen engagement with users watching the videos.”
“AdSense for Video” is the latest of Google’s video initiatives and differs from recently introduced “Click to Play” video ads and AdSense’s video distribution and sponsorship programs. This new feature allows the monetization of video content, a holy grail for advertisers and publishers alike.
“This pilot represents our continued efforts to address the challenges faced by publishers who want to monetize their video content, by advertisers who want access to quality video inventory, and finally by users who want ads to enhance their video watching experience, not detract from it,” said Lee in her blog post.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...