News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google pilots AdSense for Video
Google has launched a pilot program with a small group of publishers to test streaming video ads in their online video content.
A quiet announcement on Google’s AdSense blog this week has outlined their plans to launch a closed pilot for “AdSense for Video”. Selected publishers, with their own video content, will be able to control the videos in which their ads appear, and where in those videos the ads are played. The pilot is similar to the beta launched by AdBrite earlier this year, which has now gone live.
Christine Lee, AdSense Product Marketing Manager, posted the announcement on the blog, saying, “Just as AdSense adds value to the text content on your website and is useful for your users, we think these in-stream ads in video will add value to publishers' video content and help to deepen engagement with users watching the videos.”
“AdSense for Video” is the latest of Google’s video initiatives and differs from recently introduced “Click to Play” video ads and AdSense’s video distribution and sponsorship programs. This new feature allows the monetization of video content, a holy grail for advertisers and publishers alike.
“This pilot represents our continued efforts to address the challenges faced by publishers who want to monetize their video content, by advertisers who want access to quality video inventory, and finally by users who want ads to enhance their video watching experience, not detract from it,” said Lee in her blog post.
- Study: CNP fraud to push $7b within 4 years
- Survey: Disconnect between brands, consumers about UGC
- 69% of consumers excited about experiencing virtual reality
- Consumers have already started back-to-school shopping
- How Facebook topic data is impacting social
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- iPhone replaces iPad as ecommerce device of choice
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...