News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ford will take more ads online
Look for a lot more online ads related to Ford's Lincoln and Mercury product lines. According to reports, the motor company has inked a significant deal with Specific Media, a behavioral targeting advertising network, to provide all of it's online advertising efforts.
For the next 12 months, Specific Media will serve up all of the online ads for Lincoln and Mercury products.
"By leveraging Specific Media's extensive consumer Data Network and a suite of innovative targeting technologies, Ford has the unique ability to effectively and efficiently target the wide spectrum of potential vehicle buyers and ultimately increase our return on investment," said Larry Carney, Digital Group Director at Mediaedge:cia, Team Detroit.
According to reports, the ads will target women aged 24-54 who are "independent and business-minded". The ads will also aim to attract in-market consumers.
More automotive ad-dollars have been heading online in the past 12 months as auto dealers realized that consumers were already researching their next car purchase online. The auto ad spend is expected to reach $4 billion by 2010. Even so, many marketers wonder how to best attract in-market consumers.
According to Specific Media, their ad-serving platform has nearly 100% accuracy in targeting consumers through behavioral, contextual, demographic, geographic and retargeting methods. If the Ford deal goes well, marketers can expect to see even more auto ad dollars move to the online spectrum in the coming months.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...