News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ford will take more ads online
Look for a lot more online ads related to Ford's Lincoln and Mercury product lines. According to reports, the motor company has inked a significant deal with Specific Media, a behavioral targeting advertising network, to provide all of it's online advertising efforts.
For the next 12 months, Specific Media will serve up all of the online ads for Lincoln and Mercury products.
"By leveraging Specific Media's extensive consumer Data Network and a suite of innovative targeting technologies, Ford has the unique ability to effectively and efficiently target the wide spectrum of potential vehicle buyers and ultimately increase our return on investment," said Larry Carney, Digital Group Director at Mediaedge:cia, Team Detroit.
According to reports, the ads will target women aged 24-54 who are "independent and business-minded". The ads will also aim to attract in-market consumers.
More automotive ad-dollars have been heading online in the past 12 months as auto dealers realized that consumers were already researching their next car purchase online. The auto ad spend is expected to reach $4 billion by 2010. Even so, many marketers wonder how to best attract in-market consumers.
According to Specific Media, their ad-serving platform has nearly 100% accuracy in targeting consumers through behavioral, contextual, demographic, geographic and retargeting methods. If the Ford deal goes well, marketers can expect to see even more auto ad dollars move to the online spectrum in the coming months.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...