News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo closing click-through-rate gap on Google
While Yahoo’s click-through rates for search ads have risen in recent months, Google’s have fallen, suggesting Panama is paying off.
Yahoo’s new online ad system, Panama, has been getting positive reviews from marketers and analysts alike. New data from comScore backs up such reviews. Their figures for February show Google’s click-through rate dropped 6 percent to 14.4 percent, while Yahoo’s rose 4 percent to 12.9 percent.
Some marketing strategists, such as Mona Elesseily of Page Zero Media, have seen cost-per-click and cost-per-acquisition costs decrease, some significantly. Yahoo’s pay-per-click costs are also reported to be coming down.
UBS AG analyst Ben Schachter believes the gains may propel Yahoo’s revenue growth from searches to more than 20 percent in the second half of this year, instead of his previous estimate of 15 percent.
Google continues to receive almost twice the volume of searches as Yahoo with 48 percent of searches in the U.S. in February, up from 42 percent a year ago. Yahoo remained at 28 percent.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...