BizReport

RSS feed Get our RSS feed

News by Topic




BizReport : Research archives : April 10, 2007


Website teaches behavioral targeting secrets

Advertisers who are just getting into behavioral targeting may be missing out on crucial bits of information for their campaigns. A new website is trying to teach behavioral targeting secrets for automotive advertisers.

by Kristina Knight

The project, WhatIsBT, is part of Jumpstart Automotive Media's program and is designed specifically for car dealers. Why is behavioral targeting such an important factor in the car-buying process? Because by taking consumer habits, likes and dislikes into account, dealers can better tailor the shopping experience. However, targeting incorrectly will turn away even more potential users.

“While behavioral targeting has provided a groundbreaking method for targeting auto shoppers, the practice can be somewhat challenging to comprehend given the numerous vendors and technologies available in the marketplace,” said Anna Papadopoulos, Interactive Media Director for EuroRSCG 4D. The company represents Volvo USA.

According to research, it takes between 8 and 12 weeks for a buyer to decide to buy a new car, research the different makes and models and then complete the purchase. However, only about 4% research on third-party or manufacturer sites, leaving 96% researching outside the auto industry. By better targeting the 96%, dealers have a better chance of reaching an untapped audience, creating more sales conversions.






Tags: automobile industry, behavioral targeting, online advertising








Subscribe to BizReport







http://www.bizreport.com/2007/04/website_teaches_behavioral_targeting_secrets.html

 

 

Copyright © 1999- BizReport. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of BizReport content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
BizReport shall not be liable for any errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.