News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Email marketing continues to elicit high response levels
Email marketing is still a valuable part of the e-marketing mix, according to new data from marketing services company, Epsilon.
Epsilon's survey of more than 400 home-based email users found a high level of responsiveness to email marketing communications. Eighty-four percent claimed to have clicked-through to offers from relevant messages and 73 percent reported having made an online purchase as a result of receiving a relevant email offer.
"Consumers are attesting to the power of email marketing - they trust it, they respond to it, and they take proactive steps to ensure that they get messages from companies they do business with," said Ragy Thomas, president of Epsilon´s Interactive Services group.
Epsilon’s data also showed a high number of purchases resulting from email marketing messages were made offline, with 86 percent making an in-store purchase as a result of an email offer.
Over half of respondents, 51 percent, had forwarded marketing messages on to friends. Seventy-eight percent had even added email marketers to their address books.
“Email marketers must continue to strive for relevance and take the initiative to ensure that their messages reach their customers, and are welcomed by their customers, and inspire their customers to become brand advocates,” said Thomas.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...