News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video website top ten
It won’t surprise many to hear that YouTube, MySpace and Google Video are listed as within the top ten video sites for January, 2007. However, it may surprise some to hear that a relative newcomer is trouncing all others in the page views per session stakes.
YouTube and MySpace took first and second place in Compete.com’s latest video website research with YouTube having 98 percent more unique visitors and 165 percent more sessions than MySpace. YouTube now controls over 43 percent of the online video market, translating to 31.7 million unique visitors, two million more than in December, 2006.
Compete.com’s top ten list, in terms of number of sessions, is as follows:-
1. YouTube (43% video sites market share)
2. MySpace (16% video sites market share)
3. Google Video (11% video sites market share)
4. AOL Video (7% video sites market share)
5. MSN Video (4% video sites market share)
6. StupidVideos (3% video sites market share)
7. Yahoo! Video (3% video sites market share)
8. Break (2% video sites market share)
9. eBaum's World (2% video sites market share)
10. dailymotion (1% video sites market share).
The list comprises all the usual suspects until you get to the number six spot. It appears that recent upgrades by StupidVideos, owned by PureVideo Networks, has paid off. Not only has it muscled in to the top ten, but it has out-paced all its competitors in the views per session category. StupidVideos.com's massive count of 43 is 74 percent more than it’s second place rivals, Break.com and towers over YouTube’s 14.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....