News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video website top ten
It won’t surprise many to hear that YouTube, MySpace and Google Video are listed as within the top ten video sites for January, 2007. However, it may surprise some to hear that a relative newcomer is trouncing all others in the page views per session stakes.
YouTube and MySpace took first and second place in Compete.com’s latest video website research with YouTube having 98 percent more unique visitors and 165 percent more sessions than MySpace. YouTube now controls over 43 percent of the online video market, translating to 31.7 million unique visitors, two million more than in December, 2006.
Compete.com’s top ten list, in terms of number of sessions, is as follows:-
1. YouTube (43% video sites market share)
2. MySpace (16% video sites market share)
3. Google Video (11% video sites market share)
4. AOL Video (7% video sites market share)
5. MSN Video (4% video sites market share)
6. StupidVideos (3% video sites market share)
7. Yahoo! Video (3% video sites market share)
8. Break (2% video sites market share)
9. eBaum's World (2% video sites market share)
10. dailymotion (1% video sites market share).
The list comprises all the usual suspects until you get to the number six spot. It appears that recent upgrades by StupidVideos, owned by PureVideo Networks, has paid off. Not only has it muscled in to the top ten, but it has out-paced all its competitors in the views per session category. StupidVideos.com's massive count of 43 is 74 percent more than it’s second place rivals, Break.com and towers over YouTube’s 14.
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...