News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video website top ten
It won’t surprise many to hear that YouTube, MySpace and Google Video are listed as within the top ten video sites for January, 2007. However, it may surprise some to hear that a relative newcomer is trouncing all others in the page views per session stakes.
YouTube and MySpace took first and second place in Compete.com’s latest video website research with YouTube having 98 percent more unique visitors and 165 percent more sessions than MySpace. YouTube now controls over 43 percent of the online video market, translating to 31.7 million unique visitors, two million more than in December, 2006.
Compete.com’s top ten list, in terms of number of sessions, is as follows:-
1. YouTube (43% video sites market share)
2. MySpace (16% video sites market share)
3. Google Video (11% video sites market share)
4. AOL Video (7% video sites market share)
5. MSN Video (4% video sites market share)
6. StupidVideos (3% video sites market share)
7. Yahoo! Video (3% video sites market share)
8. Break (2% video sites market share)
9. eBaum's World (2% video sites market share)
10. dailymotion (1% video sites market share).
The list comprises all the usual suspects until you get to the number six spot. It appears that recent upgrades by StupidVideos, owned by PureVideo Networks, has paid off. Not only has it muscled in to the top ten, but it has out-paced all its competitors in the views per session category. StupidVideos.com's massive count of 43 is 74 percent more than it’s second place rivals, Break.com and towers over YouTube’s 14.
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...