News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video website top ten
It won’t surprise many to hear that YouTube, MySpace and Google Video are listed as within the top ten video sites for January, 2007. However, it may surprise some to hear that a relative newcomer is trouncing all others in the page views per session stakes.
YouTube and MySpace took first and second place in Compete.com’s latest video website research with YouTube having 98 percent more unique visitors and 165 percent more sessions than MySpace. YouTube now controls over 43 percent of the online video market, translating to 31.7 million unique visitors, two million more than in December, 2006.
Compete.com’s top ten list, in terms of number of sessions, is as follows:-
1. YouTube (43% video sites market share)
2. MySpace (16% video sites market share)
3. Google Video (11% video sites market share)
4. AOL Video (7% video sites market share)
5. MSN Video (4% video sites market share)
6. StupidVideos (3% video sites market share)
7. Yahoo! Video (3% video sites market share)
8. Break (2% video sites market share)
9. eBaum's World (2% video sites market share)
10. dailymotion (1% video sites market share).
The list comprises all the usual suspects until you get to the number six spot. It appears that recent upgrades by StupidVideos, owned by PureVideo Networks, has paid off. Not only has it muscled in to the top ten, but it has out-paced all its competitors in the views per session category. StupidVideos.com's massive count of 43 is 74 percent more than it’s second place rivals, Break.com and towers over YouTube’s 14.
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...