News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video website top ten
It won’t surprise many to hear that YouTube, MySpace and Google Video are listed as within the top ten video sites for January, 2007. However, it may surprise some to hear that a relative newcomer is trouncing all others in the page views per session stakes.
YouTube and MySpace took first and second place in Compete.com’s latest video website research with YouTube having 98 percent more unique visitors and 165 percent more sessions than MySpace. YouTube now controls over 43 percent of the online video market, translating to 31.7 million unique visitors, two million more than in December, 2006.
Compete.com’s top ten list, in terms of number of sessions, is as follows:-
1. YouTube (43% video sites market share)
2. MySpace (16% video sites market share)
3. Google Video (11% video sites market share)
4. AOL Video (7% video sites market share)
5. MSN Video (4% video sites market share)
6. StupidVideos (3% video sites market share)
7. Yahoo! Video (3% video sites market share)
8. Break (2% video sites market share)
9. eBaum's World (2% video sites market share)
10. dailymotion (1% video sites market share).
The list comprises all the usual suspects until you get to the number six spot. It appears that recent upgrades by StupidVideos, owned by PureVideo Networks, has paid off. Not only has it muscled in to the top ten, but it has out-paced all its competitors in the views per session category. StupidVideos.com's massive count of 43 is 74 percent more than it’s second place rivals, Break.com and towers over YouTube’s 14.
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
- Expert: The benefits to early EMV conversion
- Top 3 tips to reduce customer churn
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...