News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social networking drives traffic to British fashion retailers
The number two source of UK traffic to Britain’s popular fashion high street and online fashion store, TopShop.co.uk, came from its profile on a social networking site.
Five percent of the TopShop.co.uk" fashion store's online traffic was driven from its MySpace profile, five times more than a year ago. Growth has been steady over the previous year. MySpace traffic accounted for more than twice as much traffic than was received from MSN and Yahoo Search combined.
TopShop.co.uk’s profile page describes the store as a 24-year old, single female looking for networking and friends and who doesn’t want children. It currently has just over 3,100 friends. User interactivity is encouraged via a photo contest and the profile page showcases new and special fashion collections, provides links to the TopShop homepage and promotes discounts.
Other British fashion stores have MySpace profiles but have not experienced the same levels of referred traffic as TopShop indicating that TopShop may have hit the content nail on the head.
"It is not solely a result of demographics," writes Hitwise's Heather Hopkins in her Hitwise blog. "Miss Selfridge and New Look attract a similar demographic profile of young women, but do not enjoy the same volume of traffic from MySpace. The success seems a result of participation in the community and targeted offers. Topshop has a profile on MySpace with a blog that includes special offers and discounts."
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....