News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social networking drives traffic to British fashion retailers
The number two source of UK traffic to Britain’s popular fashion high street and online fashion store, TopShop.co.uk, came from its profile on a social networking site.
Five percent of the TopShop.co.uk" fashion store's online traffic was driven from its MySpace profile, five times more than a year ago. Growth has been steady over the previous year. MySpace traffic accounted for more than twice as much traffic than was received from MSN and Yahoo Search combined.
TopShop.co.uk’s profile page describes the store as a 24-year old, single female looking for networking and friends and who doesn’t want children. It currently has just over 3,100 friends. User interactivity is encouraged via a photo contest and the profile page showcases new and special fashion collections, provides links to the TopShop homepage and promotes discounts.
Other British fashion stores have MySpace profiles but have not experienced the same levels of referred traffic as TopShop indicating that TopShop may have hit the content nail on the head.
"It is not solely a result of demographics," writes Hitwise's Heather Hopkins in her Hitwise blog. "Miss Selfridge and New Look attract a similar demographic profile of young women, but do not enjoy the same volume of traffic from MySpace. The success seems a result of participation in the community and targeted offers. Topshop has a profile on MySpace with a blog that includes special offers and discounts."
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
- Shareholic: Facebook now accounts for 25% of social referrals
- Brand Keys predicts Super Bowl winners, losers
- Top 3 data collection trends for 2015
- ChoiceStream: Sports audiences costing brands more
- UK: Privacy concerns rising, trust falling
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
Featured White Papers
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...