News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social networking drives traffic to British fashion retailers
The number two source of UK traffic to Britain’s popular fashion high street and online fashion store, TopShop.co.uk, came from its profile on a social networking site.
Five percent of the TopShop.co.uk" fashion store's online traffic was driven from its MySpace profile, five times more than a year ago. Growth has been steady over the previous year. MySpace traffic accounted for more than twice as much traffic than was received from MSN and Yahoo Search combined.
TopShop.co.uk’s profile page describes the store as a 24-year old, single female looking for networking and friends and who doesn’t want children. It currently has just over 3,100 friends. User interactivity is encouraged via a photo contest and the profile page showcases new and special fashion collections, provides links to the TopShop homepage and promotes discounts.
Other British fashion stores have MySpace profiles but have not experienced the same levels of referred traffic as TopShop indicating that TopShop may have hit the content nail on the head.
"It is not solely a result of demographics," writes Hitwise's Heather Hopkins in her Hitwise blog. "Miss Selfridge and New Look attract a similar demographic profile of young women, but do not enjoy the same volume of traffic from MySpace. The success seems a result of participation in the community and targeted offers. Topshop has a profile on MySpace with a blog that includes special offers and discounts."
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...