News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New Podcast/Blog ad network geared to boomers
What do you get when you cross edgy content, blogs and podcasts from an expert panel and national advertisers? A new social network aimed at helping the boomer generation get more out of life.
"Many of us suffer from a vague feeling of “is this all there is”? We have our house, we have our spouse, we manage our kids, our parents, and our career... but what about continued personal fulfillment? There's so much to explore to have a rewarding personal life as an adult," said Susan Bratton, CEO of Personal Life Media (via the company website).
Personal Life Media officially launches today. It offers ten podcasts and blogs written by the podcast hosts. The current advertising model is similar to the way National Public Radio (NPR) sponsors their radio shows - the advertiser is mentioned at the beginning of each podcast in a short ". . .brought to you by. . ." segment.
"We are also trying to develop some new ad models around podcasting and experiment with integrating ads into podcasts that aren't 10- or 30-second spots," said Bratton (via MediaPost).
The boomer demographic is the second largest demo in America. The group is more likely to shop and research buys online than any other demographic.
Currently there are 10 podcasts available, but Bratton hopes to expand up to 100 or more casts.
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...