News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New Podcast/Blog ad network geared to boomers
What do you get when you cross edgy content, blogs and podcasts from an expert panel and national advertisers? A new social network aimed at helping the boomer generation get more out of life.
"Many of us suffer from a vague feeling of “is this all there is”? We have our house, we have our spouse, we manage our kids, our parents, and our career... but what about continued personal fulfillment? There's so much to explore to have a rewarding personal life as an adult," said Susan Bratton, CEO of Personal Life Media (via the company website).
Personal Life Media officially launches today. It offers ten podcasts and blogs written by the podcast hosts. The current advertising model is similar to the way National Public Radio (NPR) sponsors their radio shows - the advertiser is mentioned at the beginning of each podcast in a short ". . .brought to you by. . ." segment.
"We are also trying to develop some new ad models around podcasting and experiment with integrating ads into podcasts that aren't 10- or 30-second spots," said Bratton (via MediaPost).
The boomer demographic is the second largest demo in America. The group is more likely to shop and research buys online than any other demographic.
Currently there are 10 podcasts available, but Bratton hopes to expand up to 100 or more casts.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...