News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New Podcast/Blog ad network geared to boomers
What do you get when you cross edgy content, blogs and podcasts from an expert panel and national advertisers? A new social network aimed at helping the boomer generation get more out of life.
"Many of us suffer from a vague feeling of “is this all there is”? We have our house, we have our spouse, we manage our kids, our parents, and our career... but what about continued personal fulfillment? There's so much to explore to have a rewarding personal life as an adult," said Susan Bratton, CEO of Personal Life Media (via the company website).
Personal Life Media officially launches today. It offers ten podcasts and blogs written by the podcast hosts. The current advertising model is similar to the way National Public Radio (NPR) sponsors their radio shows - the advertiser is mentioned at the beginning of each podcast in a short ". . .brought to you by. . ." segment.
"We are also trying to develop some new ad models around podcasting and experiment with integrating ads into podcasts that aren't 10- or 30-second spots," said Bratton (via MediaPost).
The boomer demographic is the second largest demo in America. The group is more likely to shop and research buys online than any other demographic.
Currently there are 10 podcasts available, but Bratton hopes to expand up to 100 or more casts.
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
- 400% rise in alcohol advertising not turning U.S. into country of drunks
- Survey uncovers negative attitudes towards wearable tech
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
- What did Facebook's inactive account purge do to fan counts?
- TV, radio continue to be most popular media channels
Featured White Papers