News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
First mobile display ads launched by Yahoo
Mobile customers in 18 countries around the world, including the U.S., will now see display ads. These ads will either allow click-to-call functionality or point users to other landing pages.
Yahoo hopes the roll out will make them front-runners in the race for mobile marketers. Most forecasts expect mobile advertising to skyrocket over the next few years. By 2011, the mobile marketing ad spend is expected to reach $4.8 billion in the United States, that should be approximately 12% of the entire U.S. advertising spend. Last year, mobile marketers spent about $426 million in mobile marketing. The biggest boost to mobile advertising is the growing number of users using their mobile phones to access the Internet.
Many big name brands have joined in Yahoo's offering. Pepsi, Nissan, Procter & Gamble and Singapore Airlines are among the first to give credence to the offering. Along with the first display ads, Yahoo launched a new version of Yahoo Go. The newest version of their mobile platform allows users to search for local businesses from maps; they may also share the search results and news stories with friends. Pepsi's Free Ride Campaign will be the first to test display advertising on Yahoo Go.
The early challenge for Yahoo's roll out of their display platform is that not all online marketers have mobile-accessible landing pages. If there isn't a mobile page that users can be sent to, those ad dollars are wasted. So, marketers, get those mobile pages ready. Consumers are waiting!
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...