News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Newspaper Websites Bulging With Blogs
Blogs embedded within top U.S. newspaper websites are seeing big increases in traffic, according to a recent Nielsen//NetRatings report.
In December, 2006, visits to blog pages accounted for just 13 percent of overall visits to newspaper websites, albeit a 4 percent increase on the same month the previous year. Total visitors to the top U.S. newspaper sites increased 9 percent to nearly 30 million.
The biggest increase was in the total traffic to newspaper blogs which was 210 percent up in December last year. This increase may, in part, be attributed to the increase in the number of blogs being featured by the publications.
“As Web 2.0 becomes a predominant online consumer model, traditional publishers are adopting interactive forums like blogs,” said Carolyn Creekmore, senior director of media analytics at Nielsen//NetRatings. “It makes perfect sense for online newspapers, where responding to a blog posting is like writing an instant letter to the editor,” she continued.
The popularity of blogging means that many more internet users are comfortable with the technology and culture, as are the journalists and bloggers in creating them.
“There’s certainly a degree of comfort level that has grown over past year or so. We’ve all gotten a little more comfortable in having a conversation online,” Creekmore told Reuters.
Below are the most popular blogs in the U.S., along with estimated December, 2006, audiences.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...