News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google Blog Search Traffic Surpasses Technorati
New data from Hitwise puts Google’s Blog Search web traffic share ahead of blogosphere stalwart, Technorati.
Technorati has held the top spot for blog searching for some time and has been a driving force in the growth of blogging as a whole, until now.
October last year, Google linked its existing blog search service to Google News, resulting in a 168 percent surge in market share. According to Hitwise, Google Blog Search has finally surpassed Technorati in web traffic, and receives around 60 percent of its traffic from the Google News link.
Google Blog Search, initially launched in September 2005, now accounts for 0.025 percent of all web traffic and Technorati accounting for 0.023 percent.
Not only has Google Blog Search edged ahead in the traffic stakes, they can also lay claim attracting the demographic crème de la crème. Whilst only 10 percent of Technorati’s users are made up of the coveted 18-24 year old age group, Google’s audience consists of 34 percent.
The blogosphere has become a very useful and well-thumbed source of up to date information. Some of the best bloggers now compete with newspapers, radio and TV journalists in providing breaking news and analysis.
The full report, by Hitwise Research Director LeeAnn Prescott, is available to read online.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...