News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Toys, Books Highest Growing Online Shopping Point
According to new research, toys and video games are fastest growing product category in the Holiday eShopping Index. That category grew 49% from 2005 to 2006. Books and consumer electronics were also fast growers in ’06.
Nielsen//Netratings tracked visits to online shopping hubs for the week ending December 10th and found the shopping as a whole increased by nearly $100 million from $469 million in 2005 to $563 million in 2006. The findings also indicate that online shoppers are looking for specific items, likely hoping to cut down on time in crowded stores.
After toys/video games, books/music/videos were the second-fastest-growing category with 46% growth year over year (YoY). Consumer electronics ranked third with 26% growth.
Online auctioneer eBay led shopping destination points with 34.2 million unique visitors (12% growth) this holiday season. Amazon.com ranked second with 25 million unique visitors (2% growth) and WalMart.com ranked third with 13.9 million unique visitors (21% growth). Target (25% growth) and Overstock.com (13% growth) also saw increased traffic and buying this season.
Those top destination points may have competition heading into 2007, because they were not even close to the fastest-growing holiday shopping destination points in 2006.
MySimon.com ranked first with fastest growth with 124% growth, Columbia House had 118% growth from 2005 and 1800Flowers.com saw 98% growth from 2005.
The study tracked online shopping in the United States from home and work.
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...