News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SI "Takkles" Social Network
High school athletes have a new forum to display their rankings, clips and profiles. Sports Illustrated has teamed with social start up Takkle.com to provide a social sports network.
The site, Takkle.com, debuted Monday and offers athletes an online space to create profiles, upload video clips and interact with other athletes. The video clips can also be featured on SI.com. Takkle.com also includes articles and other information from Sports Illustrated.
David Birnbaum, co-founder and CEO of Takkle.com said (via MediaPost), "Sports Illustrated is obviously going to drive a huge amount of traffic, and having one of their big franchises [Faces In The Crowd] associated with us exclusively is phenomenal.”
The Video Faces in the Crowd feature is an extension of the “Faces in the Crowd” feature in each Sports Illustrated issue. Through it, they will select users who have uploaded video and feature that video on SI.com and also in the magazine.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...