News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SI "Takkles" Social Network
High school athletes have a new forum to display their rankings, clips and profiles. Sports Illustrated has teamed with social start up Takkle.com to provide a social sports network.
The site, Takkle.com, debuted Monday and offers athletes an online space to create profiles, upload video clips and interact with other athletes. The video clips can also be featured on SI.com. Takkle.com also includes articles and other information from Sports Illustrated.
David Birnbaum, co-founder and CEO of Takkle.com said (via MediaPost), "Sports Illustrated is obviously going to drive a huge amount of traffic, and having one of their big franchises [Faces In The Crowd] associated with us exclusively is phenomenal.”
The Video Faces in the Crowd feature is an extension of the “Faces in the Crowd” feature in each Sports Illustrated issue. Through it, they will select users who have uploaded video and feature that video on SI.com and also in the magazine.
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...