News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Broadband To Reach 50% Of U.S. Homes
According to a new report from eMarketer, broadband Internet access will reach 50% of U.S. households in 2007. Why is this an important number? Because more and more of these homes are using the value-added perks that broadband access brings. Things like VoIP, IPTV and paid audio and video content.
By 2010, some predict that as many as 65% of homes will have broadband access, about 34 million homes will have ADSL lines and another 40 million will access broadband from cable systems.
According to a report from In-Stat, about 9 million U.S. homes currently have at least one VoIP (Voiceover Internet Protocol) user. About 49% of those users said, they stopped using traditional phones when they switched to VoIP. By far, Vonage and Time Warner Cable are the most popular VoIP services, however free serves from Skype, MSN and Yahoo are gaining ground.
Business IP use will see the fastest growth at about 27% yearly through 2010. Research indicates the industry will see about $6 billion in revenue by then. Consumer IP phone use will grow at a slower rate to about $13 billion by 2010.
Both eMarketer and In-Stat predict that VoIP services will continue to gain in popularity over the next five years. eMarketer suggests that 40% of broadband households will be VoIP households by 2010.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...