News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Broadband To Reach 50% Of U.S. Homes
According to a new report from eMarketer, broadband Internet access will reach 50% of U.S. households in 2007. Why is this an important number? Because more and more of these homes are using the value-added perks that broadband access brings. Things like VoIP, IPTV and paid audio and video content.
By 2010, some predict that as many as 65% of homes will have broadband access, about 34 million homes will have ADSL lines and another 40 million will access broadband from cable systems.
According to a report from In-Stat, about 9 million U.S. homes currently have at least one VoIP (Voiceover Internet Protocol) user. About 49% of those users said, they stopped using traditional phones when they switched to VoIP. By far, Vonage and Time Warner Cable are the most popular VoIP services, however free serves from Skype, MSN and Yahoo are gaining ground.
Business IP use will see the fastest growth at about 27% yearly through 2010. Research indicates the industry will see about $6 billion in revenue by then. Consumer IP phone use will grow at a slower rate to about $13 billion by 2010.
Both eMarketer and In-Stat predict that VoIP services will continue to gain in popularity over the next five years. eMarketer suggests that 40% of broadband households will be VoIP households by 2010.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...