News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google Advertising in Newspapers
In a different move, it looks like Google will begin advertising in newspapers. The search giant and about 50 newspapers are launching a test program that will place ads that Google cannot find room for online in newspapers.
Advertisers can select specific newspapers as well as specific newspaper sections for the ads. Newspapers determine pricing and can also reject ads. "This is money that our advertisers would spend with us if we had the online inventory for them to spend it on," according to Tom Phillips, Google's director of print advertising (via MarketingVOX).
According to the Chicago Tribune, one of the test papers, the program launches this week. Google’s overflow display ads will be redirected to print. The test runs through February, during which time Google won’t take any revenue from the ads. If the program continues past February 2007, they will begin taking revenue.
The hope is that the project will move advertisers established in newspapers to add online, auction-based marketing to improve their advertising reach. It could also attract new advertisers either afraid of the online realm or simply unfamiliar with the medium.
In addition to the Chicago Tribune, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Boston Globe, Seattle Times and the Philadelphia Inquirer are among the 50 papers participating in the test phase.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...