News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ABC Employs Live Actors In Viral Campaign
Television company ABC is reportedly employing real people to get a viral campaign on track that's promoting its recently launched show Six Degrees. Good looking, well dressed young actors are hired to slip handwritten notes to people in public places, inviting them to contact them online.
The marketing campaign for the show, which is set in New York, has made national headlines. A blog writer at the popular Manhattan Gawker blog reported her experience of the campaign; “I was on the 1 train heading uptown this morning and noticed an attractive, well-dressed man standing not far from me. I saw him write something down, and just before he got off, he handed it to me. It read: "Remember me? Get in touch. - Steven" and it gave his address as "email@example.com". The blogger was too familiar with online marketing not to check out the source. However, the site had counted on this.
“When you go to zoommail.net, you are redirected to - what else - u-r-connected.com. And if you write to the email address, this is the automated reply that you get back: "Hey, good to hear from you. I definitely think we know each other... take a look at my website (www.StevenCaseman.net) to see if you remember ... -Steven". And sure enough, the address redirects you to u-r-connected.com.”
Whether this technique where incognito ABC employees are randomly accosting the public at large, impersonating characters from a show, is going to be successful remains to be seen. However, not many have been negative just yet. “Will it make me watch the show? I doubt it, but it's still makes a girl feel good to have a cute guy slip her a note”, the Gawker blogger writes.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...