News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ABC Employs Live Actors In Viral Campaign
Television company ABC is reportedly employing real people to get a viral campaign on track that's promoting its recently launched show Six Degrees. Good looking, well dressed young actors are hired to slip handwritten notes to people in public places, inviting them to contact them online.
The marketing campaign for the show, which is set in New York, has made national headlines. A blog writer at the popular Manhattan Gawker blog reported her experience of the campaign; “I was on the 1 train heading uptown this morning and noticed an attractive, well-dressed man standing not far from me. I saw him write something down, and just before he got off, he handed it to me. It read: "Remember me? Get in touch. - Steven" and it gave his address as "email@example.com". The blogger was too familiar with online marketing not to check out the source. However, the site had counted on this.
“When you go to zoommail.net, you are redirected to - what else - u-r-connected.com. And if you write to the email address, this is the automated reply that you get back: "Hey, good to hear from you. I definitely think we know each other... take a look at my website (www.StevenCaseman.net) to see if you remember ... -Steven". And sure enough, the address redirects you to u-r-connected.com.”
Whether this technique where incognito ABC employees are randomly accosting the public at large, impersonating characters from a show, is going to be successful remains to be seen. However, not many have been negative just yet. “Will it make me watch the show? I doubt it, but it's still makes a girl feel good to have a cute guy slip her a note”, the Gawker blogger writes.
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...