News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo Buying, YouTube Selling?
The rumors are flying again about the possible sales of Facebook, popular college networking site, and YouTube, an online video repository.
According to the Wall Street Journal, Facebook is in serious talks with Yahoo. The social networking site has been expanding from it’s traditional college base for months. Earlier this year, Viacom is rumored to have offered $750 million for the online portal. People familiar with the matter say if the sale goes through it could reach $1 billion. Facebook founders reportedly wanted $2 billion from the sale.
Online video portal YouTube could also be in sales talks. According to the New York Post, owners of the site want $1.5 billion for the slews of homemade video clips stored on the site. The Post reports that number is high above what many executives are willing to pay.
One “senior industry source” told the Post, “If they were willing to take $200 million to $300 million, I would buy it tomorrow.”
On the other hand, YouTube has said that it would prefer to remain independent. Still, speculation still rises about what media outlet or Internet company might buy them out.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...