News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Internet Exposure Helps Fan Fiction Authors Find Mainstream Success
Fan fiction writing is about writing using somebody’s else character. Generally, fans start blogging about their favorite characters from books, movies and TV shows. Fan fiction authors use known characters, but the stories and plots they write are their own.
by Patricia Bates
The rise of fan fiction is part of the spread of amateur created content online, from viral videos to music playlists and blogs. More and more, internet users have become used to watching videos posted by other users on sites such as YouTube and MySpace. Now, reading fiction online, mainly in blogs, is another extension of this trend.
This is changing the world of fan fiction, as internet exposure helps unknown authors find mainstream success. Some of these blogs are attracting unprecedented numbers of readers and in some cases, leading to book deals.
Increasingly, media companies, publishers and marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on fan fiction and its large audience. A company called FanLib is working with networks and publishers to create fan-fiction promotions and contests for books and TV shows.
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...