News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Internet Exposure Helps Fan Fiction Authors Find Mainstream Success
Fan fiction writing is about writing using somebody’s else character. Generally, fans start blogging about their favorite characters from books, movies and TV shows. Fan fiction authors use known characters, but the stories and plots they write are their own.
by Patricia Bates
The rise of fan fiction is part of the spread of amateur created content online, from viral videos to music playlists and blogs. More and more, internet users have become used to watching videos posted by other users on sites such as YouTube and MySpace. Now, reading fiction online, mainly in blogs, is another extension of this trend.
This is changing the world of fan fiction, as internet exposure helps unknown authors find mainstream success. Some of these blogs are attracting unprecedented numbers of readers and in some cases, leading to book deals.
Increasingly, media companies, publishers and marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on fan fiction and its large audience. A company called FanLib is working with networks and publishers to create fan-fiction promotions and contests for books and TV shows.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...