News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Internet Exposure Helps Fan Fiction Authors Find Mainstream Success
Fan fiction writing is about writing using somebody’s else character. Generally, fans start blogging about their favorite characters from books, movies and TV shows. Fan fiction authors use known characters, but the stories and plots they write are their own.
by Patricia Bates
The rise of fan fiction is part of the spread of amateur created content online, from viral videos to music playlists and blogs. More and more, internet users have become used to watching videos posted by other users on sites such as YouTube and MySpace. Now, reading fiction online, mainly in blogs, is another extension of this trend.
This is changing the world of fan fiction, as internet exposure helps unknown authors find mainstream success. Some of these blogs are attracting unprecedented numbers of readers and in some cases, leading to book deals.
Increasingly, media companies, publishers and marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on fan fiction and its large audience. A company called FanLib is working with networks and publishers to create fan-fiction promotions and contests for books and TV shows.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...