News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Internet Exposure Helps Fan Fiction Authors Find Mainstream Success
Fan fiction writing is about writing using somebody’s else character. Generally, fans start blogging about their favorite characters from books, movies and TV shows. Fan fiction authors use known characters, but the stories and plots they write are their own.
by Patricia Bates
The rise of fan fiction is part of the spread of amateur created content online, from viral videos to music playlists and blogs. More and more, internet users have become used to watching videos posted by other users on sites such as YouTube and MySpace. Now, reading fiction online, mainly in blogs, is another extension of this trend.
This is changing the world of fan fiction, as internet exposure helps unknown authors find mainstream success. Some of these blogs are attracting unprecedented numbers of readers and in some cases, leading to book deals.
Increasingly, media companies, publishers and marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on fan fiction and its large audience. A company called FanLib is working with networks and publishers to create fan-fiction promotions and contests for books and TV shows.
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...