News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Arctic Monkeys Break The Mould On Marketing Strategy
Music executives from all over the world are gathering together in Berlin’s International Congress Center for the 18th Popkomm international business platform for music and entertainment.
All these executives are brainstorming to come up with strategies for saving the industry. Viral Marketing is one of these strategies, involving word-of-mouth marketing via blogs, internet forums and social networking websites.
Marketing strategists mentioned the Arctic Monkeys as an example for how to break the mould on traditional marketing.
The four young guys from UK defied conventional industry wisdom by side-stepping traditional marketing procedures and making their music available free of charge via the internet. The resulting word-of-mouth buzz propelled them to the top of the charts.
The band was not bothered by the fact that fans copied their CDs and distributed them to friends. The Arctic Monkeys accepted that as a necessary step towards fame and eventually to fortune.
This innovative marketing strategy paid off because by the time the Arctic Monkeys released their debut album last January, they were so well known that sales soared to 118,000 within days in Britain.
Tags: viral marketing
- Study finds more people unwilling to share data
- Study: Internet speeds up globally
- Study IDs how Millennials engage with traditional media
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...