News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AOL Vying To Outwit Rivals By Offering Enhanced Search and Listing Facilities To Online Video Sharers
America Online has joined the race for a slice of the highly trafficked video sharing action on the web, by saying it’s offering greater compatibility than its rivals in terms of search features. The company has opened its search engine up to third party developers and video content owners, launching the AOL Video Search developer program.
AOL offers webmasters wishing to publish video content both open video search APIs (application programming interfaces) and an opportunity to submit feeds free of charge to the AOL Video Search index.
The API video search technology is available both in REST and AJAX. Other functionality includes advanced keyword searching as well as video browsing by category, channel, tag or user; sorting and filtering capabilities for video search results; rich support for user ratings, tagging, favorites, etc; integrated support for easy user sharing on social networking sites, blogs, etc.; full RSS support; self-service online sign-up.
AOL follows in the footsteps of various other search giants who are in turn trying to emulate the success of YouTube. Others that have jumped on the bandwagon include Microsoft Corp. which started testing its equivalent, called Soapbox, last Tuesday. Others out to vie for a slice of the billion dollar advertising revenue that this market has created virtually overnight, include Google, Yahoo, News Corp.'s networking site MySpace. Last month, Sony Corp. offered USD65 million for Grouper.com, another video sharing site. According to Nielsen//Netratings, YouTube last August attracted 34 million visitors.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...