News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AOL Vying To Outwit Rivals By Offering Enhanced Search and Listing Facilities To Online Video Sharers
America Online has joined the race for a slice of the highly trafficked video sharing action on the web, by saying it’s offering greater compatibility than its rivals in terms of search features. The company has opened its search engine up to third party developers and video content owners, launching the AOL Video Search developer program.
AOL offers webmasters wishing to publish video content both open video search APIs (application programming interfaces) and an opportunity to submit feeds free of charge to the AOL Video Search index.
The API video search technology is available both in REST and AJAX. Other functionality includes advanced keyword searching as well as video browsing by category, channel, tag or user; sorting and filtering capabilities for video search results; rich support for user ratings, tagging, favorites, etc; integrated support for easy user sharing on social networking sites, blogs, etc.; full RSS support; self-service online sign-up.
AOL follows in the footsteps of various other search giants who are in turn trying to emulate the success of YouTube. Others that have jumped on the bandwagon include Microsoft Corp. which started testing its equivalent, called Soapbox, last Tuesday. Others out to vie for a slice of the billion dollar advertising revenue that this market has created virtually overnight, include Google, Yahoo, News Corp.'s networking site MySpace. Last month, Sony Corp. offered USD65 million for Grouper.com, another video sharing site. According to Nielsen//Netratings, YouTube last August attracted 34 million visitors.
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...