News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Accipiter buys out BidClix
In a bid to create a unified Accipiter ad platflorm for various digital media, Accipiter has bought out BidClix. BidClix provides bid-for-placement of text ads. These are then targeted based on a site category rather than traditional keywords. Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
In May the two companies partnered to launch AdMarket. The program used BidClix technology.
"Accipiter has had significant demand from our customer and prospect base for the development of a self-service bid-for-placement system that they could leverage to gain more control over their advertiser relationships," Handly said.
Accipiter had been looking for a comparable bid for placement program for publishers. Publishers told Accipiter, they wanted a program that would give them control of site advertising and allow text ads. In addition, there was the option to back-fill unsold inventory. That partnership that created AdMarket led to the buyout, according to Accipiter’s CEO Brian Handley.
The buyout will help to develop Accipiter’s ad serving platform. The new platform will traffic media across all kinds of technology. Accipiter already serves ads in podcasts, RSS feeds, blogs, streaming audio/video and on mobile platforms.
Link to full buyout story: http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3623331
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...